How to Write a Song Review
If you want inspiration for how to write a song review for a new band or music video you’ve heard you’re in the right place!
Writing a song review is fun and simple. While writing pretend you’re answering the following questions and the words will flow out of you like the salmon of capastrano.
- How’d you hear about the; song, video, band?
- Why do you like the; song, lyrics, video, band, singer, vocals, melody, style, mood, production quality, song title, band name, album, music genre?
- Does the video match the song?
- Is there a deeper meaning behind this; song, video, lyrics?
- How does each thing make you feel? (song, lyric, video)
- If you had super powers, what would be your favorite thing to do while hearing this song?
- What do you daydream about while listening to this?
- What do you know about the; song, lyrics, video, band?
- Why is the; artist, song, lyrics, or video special?
- How did you find the; arist, band, video, song?
- What kind of people should listen to this song?
- What does the; video, band, song remind you of?
- How do you personally relate to the; song, video, band?
- What attracted/s you to the; song, video, band, lyrics, melody, singer?
- What is your favorite part of this; song, band, artist, video?
- Does this song remind you of another; artist, band, video, song, lyrics, place, experience?
- How would you compare this song to other songs by the same artist/band?
- Is there anything about the; song, video, band that you would change? What don’t you like about the song, video, lyrics, artist, artist’s favorite food, pot pie, weapons of mass destruction?
- What do you think about the artist’s “style” and brand “image”?
We recommend linking to this list so you can get new inspiration anytime you’re about to write a new music, song, video, or artist review.